Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > SD card corrupted - need help restoring ...
SD card corrupted - need help restoring please

10193 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: 2024-03-27 04:20:41

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-23 22:35:24 (Reply to:RichardDeVinney)

Richard ,what's your email in the event someone can try to offer help?
    My bad, I see it on an earlier post

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-24 02:12:15 (Reply to:RichardDeVinney)

Hi, kindly be noted that all the files in the DS708 is stored on SD card. If the SD card is damaged and you have no backup copy of it before then the tool cannot be reset to factory state. Sorry as I have checked that we didn’t get any mail from you in these two weeks, you must have sent your mail to Autel US. If you have any problem in the future, you can always contact support@autel.com for a quick support. We will reply to you as earlier as possible. Thanks!

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-24 08:51:11 (Reply to:Autel Support)

What if someone copied and saved the contents of the 4GB card before powering up their brand new DS708 and marrying that card to the scanner  and registering the unit, would that software possibly work for restoring it? I thought  I never powered up my DS 708 with the original 4gb card it shipped with , but copied and pasted the contents to a16gb card first  then powered it up and registered .

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-07-25 04:18:06 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi,  if you have saved all files on the original 4G SD card  then you can restore the DS708 device. But the original files cannot be shared to other DS708 devices for restoring (there is no authorization for other tools to use these files). Thanks! 

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ArturoEspinoza

2015-07-27 14:34:36

yeah they seem shady, I plugged my Sd card to my computer and all my files were erased except for bentley. I called autel US and told them I was not ready to make the upgrade purchase and simply wanted what I had on it  so I can use my tool and they said they cannot help and  would  need to buy the $ 600 + upgrade. What  kind of company does business like this. I will definitely not be upgrading this, and will buy a matco or snap on tool instead. A simple restore option or a link for the initial programs is not some huge undertaking that cant be done,  the tool was registered for a reason and those numbers can simply be matched up . Its just bad business

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    ArturoEspinoza

2015-07-27 15:22:27

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-07-28 10:10:57 (Reply to:Autel Support)

I'm  pretty sure if you are the original owner of a competitor's scantool , the tool man on the  truck can do a device recovery free of charge and restore the software  to the level the tool originally came with.
       I would think if I had made a  copy of  the 4GB card contents out of the storage  before I ever installed it  in my DS708 and powered it up or registered it, whether or not it is officially authorized or not for another DS 708 to use  .  If  DS shipped with the card software in  virgin   Unmarried , Un registered, form, I would tend to believe there be a good chance it would probably function in unregistered default out of box mode for a  another DS708 .
       If  unauthorized whole sale copying of some  OE maker's   software  has got  Autel in The Hot Legal Seat with Ford, then  Hey,  why would Autel get upset  to use the outdated default  software in one DS708 that was bought and paid for suffice to restore operation of another DS708 that was bought and paid for with the same old default software? Sounds like a Double Standard  to me . LMAO

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-07-30 13:54:13 (Reply to:ArturoEspinoza)

Matco does not have there own tools just rebranding everyone elses. As far as snapon goes ( I have a verus pro) if you drive/software gets corrupted guises what - your get a very nice bill for a repair. There is no freebees in this business unless it is still under warranty. I have aftermarket tools and factory tooling. Don't think any of them will let me reload software after warranty or subscription expires. In fact some of my tools will stop working if you do not have a subscription. So going to snapon or anyone of them is not going to make anything different in that regard.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    carlos

2015-07-31 23:09:44 (Reply to:Autel Support)

hi m name is carlos I have same problem m sd card is damage and make a new card and now the tool is power up whit the message getsysinfofromreg tab failed and don't have any car software please help m  u can contact me cmrepairs@live.com  thanks

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    venon28

2015-08-11 11:21:31

I have the same problem here.
     But I am still on the warranty and still have the right of the updates to come.
    Still, no one will answer.
    I turned on my DS708 after an update last night and when I turned on my DS708, it shows a picture of ïnsert memory card"
     It won't load ot go to the main screen anymore!
    Please anyone or support can help me?
    venon28@yahoo.com
  Total3 Pages